As the manager of Information Security for a publicly traded institution, I focus on safeguarding my company from Cyber Threat, Risk, and Vulnerabilities. I work with senior leadership through lateral
departments emphasizing the value of security while helping deliver business goals and objectives. I
am responsible for leading core systems and services, security programs, and compliance programs.
I manage and maintain three different firewall platforms including Palo Alto, Juniper, and
• Manage, tune, maintain, implement SIEM Platform
• Perform Vulnerability Assessments and work with teams to remediate vulnerabilities
• Configure IPS & IDS Policies on multiple different platforms
• Established, implemented, and actively managed malware (A/V) endpoint protection o...
• System Engineer responsible for maintaining a secure public cloud environment of 1000+ virtualized servers, hosting 40,000 backup and recovery customers
• First escalation point for any operational security related events. Interface directly with the
Information Security Department for the Operations Department...
• Communicate directly with executive management to organize and plan audits
• Budget, Plan, and allocate resources to manage an audit
• Prepare thorough work papers to provide evidence of work performed
December 2011 - December 2012 (1 Year(s) and 1 months)
• Experience in various areas including IT audit, IT risk assessments, external/internal pen testing.
• This work involved over 40 clients in over 15 different industries, including banking/financial
services, distribution/wholesale, direct marketing, manufacturing, media, software/technology,
professional service firms, utilities, among other industries....
August 2011 - October 2012 (1 Year(s) and 3 months)
Recruited new members through classroom presentations and word of mouth advertising.
In charge of taking minutes at meetings.
Recruited guest speakers from local companies to present for the IS Club.
October 2008 - April 2012 (3 Year(s) and 7 months)
Helped students and faculty with problems related to Blackboard Vista
Interacted frequently in person and over the phone with students and professors to troubleshoot
Recreated situations to help troubleshoot problems with Blackboard Vista...
October 2008 - July 2011 (2 Year(s) and 10 months)
Worked directly under the Network Administrator.
Setup firewall for LAN in development area.
Setup virtual machines for development and creating virtual machines from a physical machine.
Server installation in datacenter....