Mentor Students connect students with a hiring manager in a conference call, and helps students with their job/internship search.
1) build professional network while at school, i.e. consider it as a prequel to Linkedin;
2) learn how various career paths fit with their interests and skills;
3) get guidance on how to groom themselves for their chosen career path;
4) increase their job prospects. Students understand job expectations, deliverables, skills needed, and work culture from a hiring manager. With this understanding, students can better outline job-relevant projects and courses in a cover letter.
1) promote job/internship opportunities across multiple universities at the same time without leaving office;
2) save time in shortlisting, since students are rank-ordered based on cover letters and profiles;
3) get the gratification of mentoring students and making an impact on their career;
4) can increase the application pool by engaging promising students through the system.